A wedding photographer has a very important task. Though your friends and other family members have cameras of their own, the photographer is the one person who is solely responsible for capturing all the memorable happenings prior and during your wedding day. So before hiring one, better ask a wedding photographer the following questions:
1) Ask if you can be given access to his portfolio. Though you may see some of his works online, it is still advisable to go to his office and take a look at the other unpublished wedding photographs. Take note of his shooting styles, the lighting, among others. But the most important thing is to see is if the couple has a relaxed demeanor. A seasoned wedding photographer can make a stiff and tensed couple look very relaxed on their wedding photographs.
2) Ask as to how many years have he been in the business. It is better to hire a pricier seasoned photographer than a newbie because they have acquired the instinct through the years as to when an emotional moment is about to happen.
3) Ask when the photographs will be available for viewing. Digital cameras have made it faster for wedding photographers to present the prints to his clients. If you are concerned about fast turnaround, choose one who can deliver the proofs as soon as possible.
4) Ask the products he has to offer. A photographer offers some items such as thank you cards with your photos printed on it, mounted portraits, among others. These are usually not included in the package but a wedding photographer can produce some items that can be used as wedding souvenirs.
5) Ask a photographer the back-up plans in case something goes wrong with his camera equipments or if the weather turns out uncooperative on your wedding day. As a paying customer, you must have the confidence that everything will be under control on your most important day.
6) Ask if you can check for references. He can give you the contact numbers of his previous clients and you can inquire if they are satisfied or not with his services.
7) Ask him about his credentials. You can ask the wedding photographer his affiliations and courses he took in order to improve his craft. A photographer who continuously takes short courses is a reflection of his dedication to his chosen field.
8) Lastly a wedding photographer is not just concerned about the pay but the dedication and happiness he gets from his job is an indication that he is after giving high-quality wedding photographs.
Hire Milque – a Sydney Wedding Photographer