If you are planning to hire a removal company, for sure you want to make sure that you can trust them since they will be handling your most valuable possessions. The things you accumulated for a number of years will be handled by them. They will pack them and they will transport them to another location. Well, of course you have the option to accompany them though it is really not that advisable since the vehicle to be used are most of the time not safe for passengers so you can just tag behind with your own car. However, the bottom line here is, be sure to hire a removal company that is trustworthy at the least so that you will have peace of mind which is one of the main reasons you are hiring them in the first place. So, don’t be in haste in choosing one so that you will not jeopardize your belongings.
If you need help, you can refer to these tips below:
– When considering the price, it is quite normal for us to automatically drop the more expensive one and consider the cheaper company. However, you can try asking the more expensive company first if they can give you discounts since there is another removal company with a cheaper price. Most of the time, prices of removal companies are negotiable. You can enquire about the price of the service of household removalists.
– Do not afraid to ask questions relevant to the subject like their insurance. In fact, it is not just right to ask but really ask the company to show you proof of their insurance and check out for yourself the clauses and if it is updated.
– Before the actual scheduled move, the removal company should be able to make a home survey if possible or instead, they can take down the detailed requirement of your relocation task. This is important should that on the day of your move, they will arrive ready and will not claim about not knowing that you need this or that.
– They should be able to give you a complete and easy to understand estimate without hidden charges. If there is something in it you found vague, then go on and ask questions. In fact, just to give you peace of mind, you should ask if VAT is included or if the waiting time for dismantling and some other situations where they need to wait is also included.
– Make sure that their people who will really come to your hours are highly trained and monitored by their company. It would be at your benefits as well if you will take the time to do some background check on these people since they are the ones who will really handle your valuable possessions.
So, these are just some of the things that you can do to ensure the record and capability of the removalist you will end up with. Again, spend enough time or you will only be risking your own belongings.