If you ever wonder what the duties of home builders are, then this article will help you understand the nature of their job. Some think that painters, electricians, plumbers are builders. They are not but they work under the tutelage of home builders. The job of builders is to construct the layout of the building and then gather skilled workers who will work towards the construction of the building, as designed by the home builders.
1) Depending on the project, they have a tie-up with suppliers, traders, among others for the completion of the project.
2) They are responsible for the technical aspect of the home construction and this is done prior to the actual construction. The engineers and the architects work together to be able to come-up with the blueprint of the building. The blueprint is very technical as it is the detailed information about the layout, the dimensions, the electrical wirings, among others of a building.
3) The home builders are tasked to make recommendations to you as to the latest materials in the market. They will give you advice as to why certain products are recommended over the others.
4) In building a new home, there are many paper works to submit and obtain and the home builders have people who will be tasked to submit all the requirements to the local government.
5) Since they are knowledgeable with all the construction supplies and costs, they can give you a rough estimate as to how much you will be spending for the construction or the renovation of your home.
6) They will draft the contract which states all the construction details such as work schedule, estimated time for completion, types of materials, among others. The responsibilities of both parties are also included in the contract like for instance, if some damages occur and who is responsible for such.
7) Home builders are also tasked to see to it that the construction process does not cause any delay or other issues. Part of their duties is to see that the materials are delivered on time, the materials ordered are correct, among others.
8) They also provide safety uniforms for all the workers.
9) Home builders will also be the ones who will walk you through once the project has been completed. A walk through is a process where the owners are given the chance to inspect the new house and see if there are issues that need to be addressed. If no issues arise during the walk through process, the project is then considered finished.